Dear Valued Customers,
Local Law 152 was signed into Law in 2016 as part of a package of safety regulations concerning Gas Lines for NYC Buildings.
What is Local law 152?
The DOB requires all buildings in New York except for occupancy group R-3 or buildings that have no more than two dwelling units. To undergo a gas line inspection once every 4 years. The inspection must be performed by a certified master plumber, and then file the report to the DOB by years end.
When does my building have to file for Local Law 152? This can be taken care of while performing home remodel.
Depending on which district a building is located in, will depend when that building has to file. Below you will find a link of a map showing when each district is due and where that district is.
- Community Districts 1, 3, and 10 in all boroughs: January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020
- Community Districts 2, 5, 7, 13, and 18 in all boroughs: January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021
- Community Districts 4, 6, 8, 9, and 16 in all boroughs: January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022
- Community Districts 11, 12, 14, 15, and 17 in all boroughs: January 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023
Find out what Community District is your property located in.
What happens if you don’t file?
Buildings who fail to submit the LL152 certification before the appropriate deadline are liable for a civil penalty can result in a penalty of $10,000.
How Bash Development can help you?
Bash Development will take care of everything from beginning to end.
Bash Development will provide a certified master plumber, who will complete an ambient air sample with an approved combustible gas indicator device. The spaces we shall be inspecting include.
- The gas point of entry
- Any basement/cellar spaces
- All gas meters, not located in a tenant space
- The boiler and/or mechanical room(s)
- Any other hallways, common/public spaces up to, but NOT including tenant spaces.
- The roof
Bash Development will submit the GPS1 and GPS2 Inspection Certification to the building owner within 30 days of Inspection. Within 60 days of the completed inspection Bash Development will advise the owners agent and home remodel on how to submit the GPS2 form to the NYC DOB via the online submission portal
Bash Development will keep all reports and certifications on file for 10 years after the inspection date to be furnished to the DOB upon request.
Please feel free to give us a call to learn more about Local Law 152, or to learn when your buildings are due for inspection and request a free quote. 1-646-715-5053. Or reach out to email@example.com.